Search This Blog

Friday, November 1, 2013

Hallway Hazard (NaGaWriMo Day 1)

Normally this time of year I would participate in No Shave November, but sadly I have obligations such that I cannot look like a cave man. (When did I start getting obligations that I had to look decent for?) So, in honor of National Novel Writing Month, which is also November, I am participating in the National Game Writing Month Challenge. But forth by the good people at Serenity Forge, the challenge is to come up with a short game concept for every day in November.

Today is November first. This is my first concept.

Hallway Hazard is a game set in a public high school. The goal is to make it to your next class before time runs out. But that is not as easy as it seems, the hallways are dangerous places filled with obstacles.  Wet floors, open doors, locker explosions and the like are all standard fare. Special obstacles come in the form of other students: the “bros” who huddle and block off corners, the  “preppies” who stand in a line blocking the hallway and walking incredibly slow, and those jerks the want to get to class before you. They are the worst. Using a running mechanic similar to that of Bit.Trip. or Temple Run, Hallways Hazard is a game for people who like fast, simple, addicting gameplay.

No comments:

Post a Comment