Search This Blog

Thursday, August 8, 2013

This Carefully Organized Plan Did, in fact, Go Wrong



And you know what? I am totally okay with that.

Last week I started the First Ever Age of Gaming Open Insult Forum. In response I received absolutely no hatred at all. Although my little experiment fell through, I am actually glad it did. Because even though it failed I don’t believe the point I was trying to convey was lost.

Insulting people is just plain wrong. The point is that simple.

With a full disclaimer that much of my readers are either my friends or family who would do little to insult me anyway, I am really glad that things turned out like they did. No one felt like insulting me, even when I gave them explicit permission to, because insulting people is wrong. The uneasy feeling of guilt and remorse is as venomous to the person spewing the hatred as it is to the person receiving it. Slandering, insulting and threatening another person is a double edged sword. The amount of times you stab another person with it is equal to the amount of times you stab yourself.

And nobody likes to get stabbed.

The First Ever Age of Gaming Open Insult Forum was a complete failure. It did not work as intended. Yet, its purpose was not lost. And for that I am glad to have done it. I am glad to have such amazing readers. I am glad that I get to write about games and people actually read my crazy thoughts. Perhaps, there is another Open Insult Forum in the future. Perhaps not.  However, I guarantee that there will continue to be quality original content brought to you by the newest Age of Gaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment